Sunday, March 27, 2011

saturday night dinner

last night i decided it was time (again) for some good home cookin'. nothin' like a little fried chicken (ok, so they were chicken fingers), mashed potatoes, and gravy... homemade gravy.


i love to cook. i love to cook just about anything. it was a 2 1/2 hour meal preparation, but well worth it... if you don't mind that i say so myself! frying chicken "fingers", some good country music in the background, a nice glass of wine, and a little 2-steppin' with the kiddos mid-batches. now that's my kind of saturday night fun!


we sort of snacked our way to the dinner table. little nibbles here and there... and there and here... as i was cooking. yum.

what was the best part, you might ask? yeah, that gravy. it was as good as it looks. that has to be the best gravy i've ever made. let me pause for a moment and thank the best mother-in-law ever for teaching me to make the best gravy ever! thank you. i thank you, my husband thanks you, and my children thank you... oh, and the doggies, too! y'all come over sometime and i'll fix you some, too!

No comments: