Sunday, May 30, 2010

when the cats away...

friday i handed over my official ringmaster wooden spoon for a quick trip to south texas... attended a high school graduation, toured the old stomping grounds of a good friend (beth), went to wal-mart (the old kind - before they had supercenters and remodeling) and wound up at my first crawfish boil (and i've got the pics to prove it!)... we had a great time...

hard to believe, but the circus survived without me! i must say, i was more worried about kyle's sanity than i was about the kids, but i returned to my sweet hubby (sanity intact) and regular antics of the circus (and yes, they are all still alive!)...

let's have a serious moment... while i was sitting in the stands at the football stadium for graduation, i found myself admiring the small(er) town... wishing for a slower pace and more simplicity in my life. not the hustle and bustle of meaningless activities, but more quality time with my hubby and babies... (calm down mama, i'm not moving to south texas). the experience just made me stop and think about the way we live and what is truly important...

well, that's enough "deep thinkin" for one night... so, i tell gracie "no more swimming tonight" while we were at aunt kerri's house tonight, and gracie says "but, mom, God told me in my head i could swim more"... really? pretty sure that wasn't God... nice try, though... welcome back to the circus...

1 comment:

kyle said...

Weekend - kidos have all of there limbs and digits, Grandma got to spend quality time with Lily, daddy got to hang out with his monkeys... - all in all...great weekend!...don't worry Annie, i'd at least called you if the house were no longer standing...