Wednesday, November 24, 2010

mmm... pecan pie

you know what i love about thanksgiving? food. i've still got 15 hours until it's time to eat, and my mouth is already watering. my job this year was "the fixin's". everything between the turkey and the rolls is up to me. and i love it. ok, so i'm a little nervous about the stuffing, but i'm sure mama has some stovetop in the pantry, just in case.

what i'm really excited about is the pecan pie i just made. oh... my... gooooooddddnnesssss!

the crust...


the filling...

the finished product.
(in my new pie plate... that i'm in love with!)
all modesty aside, i'm pretty proud of myself. i love to conquer new dishes... or "staples" that i've never tried before. i sure hope this pie turns out to be as good as it smells and looks.
i'll let you know tomorrow.

No comments: