Tuesday, June 15, 2010

she played with what?

i started writing to tell you about my new camera, but my hubby is watching seinfeld and they are talking about urinals... i had a flashback... so, i'll share...

one night, many moons ago, when gracie was little (probably 2-ish) we went out to dinner with our family. we're all sitting at the table and gracie decides she needs to go potty. at that point, i was rather preggers with cale, so kyle offered to take gracie... to the mens restroom. so, off they go. when they return a few minutes later, kyle's face tells me there's something going on. he tries to prepare me with "now honey, don't freak out"... what can happen in the restroom, i wonder? i've never been in the men's restroom, but how bad can it be? did she see something? did she play in the toilet? uuuhhhhh... no. kyle proceeds to tell me that while he was "otherwise occupied," gracie was playing with... well, the urinal mint (this is the part where everyone but me starts laughing hysterically). so i think ok... why's that a big deal? what's a urinal mint? they have breath mints in the bathroom? why? then he tells me... now, i could explain it, but it wouldn't do it justice, so i'll let you imagine my monumental freak out. our family, the entire family, was quite amused (acutally, most of them were crying from laughing so hard). i, on the other hand, was not... not so funny to the mama. he assured me that he'd washed her hands about a hundred times... like that's supposed to make me feel better. really?

aahhhh... good times...

now that i've gotten off on that little side story (which i hope you thoroughly enjoyed), i'll have to save camera info for another time. i'll just say that i love it and am so excited to be taking lots of pics... but not of urinals... or mints...

2 comments:

kyle said...

well, in my defense...i was taking care of business elsewhere and i think i threw up in my mouth a little bit when i saw it..

Anonymous said...

Well. That's the first time Poppy and I have heard this story. I had to ask him what a "mint" was just now...I know the urinal part. First time I saw one, it had red plastic flowers in it, 'cause they had made the men's toilet/shower at the Husky Truck Stop in Casper, WY into a "women" toilet/shower room...apparently just by sticking some plastic flowers in the urinal. Oila! Funniest thing I ever saw. This family has some pretty good first-hand bathroom humour. Shall I tell the story about your brother???? Minnie & Poppy