Monday, August 2, 2010

they're back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guess who's back in town???

yep, the little p.m. parents and their little p.m. babies. for those of you who missed my earlier posts about the p.m.'s, they are the purple martins who have taken up residence on my front porch. i was pretty nice about it for a while... not anymore. they're like freakin' rabbits. i had no idea. i mean, really, they're on their second flock... or nest... or round... or whatever the heck you call it. and that's just this summer. i'm definitely getting a p.m. house. maybe they'll move off of my front porch. oh yeah, by the way, saturday i was trying to unload my car from tiffany's baby shower... they were divebombing me... again! it's my house!!! are you kidding me??? this time, when the last baby is gone, so is the nest. call me mean or cold-hearted... i don't care. i want a poop-less porch and a divebombing-free front yard... gracie wanted to know if daddy would knock down the nest so she could have a one of the babies. um, no. oh, and i'm sure the hummingbirds would appreciate having exclusive use of their feeder, again.

this p.m. baby was perched on the feeder for quite some time and the poor little hummingbirds were freaking out. it really was kind of funny watching the whole scene... my gosh, i'm getting old... no comments from the peanut gallery...

nite, nite.

1 comment:

daddy said...

We are taking down the nest...let the carnage begin!!!