Sunday, September 19, 2010

yes, it's another commute conversation...

while we were driving home from my parents tonight, gracie and cale were taking turns singing songs. cale sang "jesus loves me". then gracie sang "the peanut butter song". then cale sang "jesus loves me". then gracie sang "the tootie-tot song"... don't ask. then cale sang "jesus loves me"... again.

at this point, gracie decides to change things up a bit and busts out all of "1-2 buckle my shoe". cale then adds his own twist to the timeless nursery rhyme. it went a little something like this... "1-2, buckle my shoe. 3-4, pick up sticks. 9-10, a big fat gorilla." gracie, who has little patience for nonsense like this (unless it's her own), tells him she'll help him get it right. "say what i say," she tells him. so, here they go... gracie says "it's 1-2 buckle my shoe". cale follows with "1-2 buckle gracie's shoe".

apparently his listenening ears were on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And Minnie says it's times like this...and we had lots of them, too, also in the car...that should make the "it's always something with them" feeling fade away and make you glad you're the ringmaster!! THESE are the things you WANT to remember!